Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Busy Bee

Good evening, lovers.

Just came from the gym and I was feeling pretty good and I guess now my high is going down. I've been focusing a lot on my stretches lately and I've been proud of what I can do. Although it's not nearly as good as what I used to be able to do. My hope is not gone! I can do this.

Today I was too late to join the zumba class so I did my usual cardio routine. I did only 40 minutes today. 20 on the bike and another 20 on the treadmill. I think people are surprised of my creativity in these machines.. I refuse to limit myself with only running and walking on the treadmill. There are so many things I can do! For example: lunges, knee highs, butt kicks, arabesques, side kicks, sprints, power walking. I encourage you all to be creative when it comes to things like that.

It's been a few weeks clean of meat. When I say meat I mean just chicken, pork, and beef. I still eat seafood. I crave nothing about it! Although I may have spoke too soon. I just realized that I still consume dairy and that, of course, comes from an animal. So close! As far as the actual meat, I don't crave it. My mother cooks meat here at my house and I don't really feel the need to taste or anything. I don't use "extra effort" to say "no" to them. It was that way in the beginning, so I guess if you're gonna make this big of a change, you should have a very strong reason. Having a shallow reason like "weight-loss" is not good enough for you to really stick to it

Some call it a diet, I call it a life style change. Seriously though! Diets are temporary. Diets last only for a few weeks or maybe a few months depending on your will power.. Life style changes are obviously that. A change of life style. I have no plan on eating meat again one day. I like feeling light. I like feeling happy and energized and not dragged down by the heaviness of steak or chicken.

Apart from that, work has completely covered my whole week.
I still go out and hang out with my friends so I'm not a complete loner now, but I do breathe work. I'm always too tired to go to the gym, but I force it. Tired is not a real excuse to not go to the gym so I make it happen. Isn't that the only real way of doing things though? To just do it and not make lame ass excuses like "fatigue" get in the way? I believe in myself. Others don't. But then again, since when did I need others to give me some sort of validation to do anything? ;)

Which reminds me.. lately there has been this irritating negative energy floating around me. It's consistent in highlighting negative things about my life. I want to squish it like a bug. Not that I need to prove myself or exert effort into making that little shit know that I'm not wrong, but I really cannot wait for the day when I am capable of showing that what my plans for in my life are great things. I will refuse to fail. I rebuke anything that is not a positive influence in my life.

With that said, I have a busy morning. Gotta take Brownie to the vet and stop by the bookstore before work. Good night, good luck with life.

-m

No comments:

Post a Comment